Be A Champion














 I love professional wrestling.  I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I remember how much fun it was as a little kid to watch these giants beat up on each other until only one man was left standing.  I loved throwing all the couch cushions on the floor and practicing everything I saw on my little brothers (consequently, I injured my collarbone in high school doing that at camp).

All the wrestlers seemed so amazing and cool, and as great as they were, there could only be one champion.  The champion was different than all the rest.  The normal guys all had weakness that caused them to lose.  They all made mistakes or miscalculations.  The champion stood tall as everyone around him fell short.

The Bible is full of champions.  There are so many men and women who stood above the rest to stand victorious for the Kingdom of God.

Along the way, there were also kids who knew what it took to be champions.  Over the next 5 weeks, our Kids Church will be learning about these kids.  We're going to learn that no matter what our age, we can be champions for God.

Check back on back on this blog every Monday for a review of the weekend's services and some follow-up questions you can discuss with your kids.

-Pastor Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Horizons Kids blog is a meeting place for the friends and families of Horizons Church. Subscribe to our RSS feed to keep up to date on news and discussions about Horizons Kids Ministries.
 
Copyright 2009 Horizons Kids All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes