Kids at Work

We're starting a new series in the Kids Church (1st-6th grade), but before I tell you about it, I want tell you about Easter.

I hope that your kids had a chance to experience Easter at Horizons this past Sunday.  In both services, we had shared the awesome message of Jesus with the kids.  We showed a couple clips from the cartoon version of Christ's crucifixion, and even in animated form, it was clearly powerful to the kids.  It was so awesome to be able to share the emotional roller-coaster of Jesus' death and resurrection.  Many kids raised their hands to ask Jesus into their hearts, and I feel pretty confident that it was very meaningful for everyone.

We also served communion in the Kids Church services, and it was a great teaching opportunity for the group.  Even though most of the kids are familiar with the practice, it's not always explained in the adult service in a way that they understand.  We had a great time of discussing what it meant and answering the kids questions.

I could go on and on about the Easter service, but I'll just summarize by saying that in the 15 years I have been preaching to kids, it was one of the most special and meaningful services I have ever been a part of.  It is just awesome when you can see Jesus working in the hearts and minds of kids!

So, on to what's next.  Starting this Sunday, our Kids Church series will be Kids at Work.

As a parent, I find myself telling my kids often that certain things are their jobs.  Homework, chores, practices, and other things are all part of the work that kids do each day.  What we are going to teach the kids is that they have many roles or jobs that they do each day, and God wants to use them to change the world through the work that they do.

We are going to talk about kids' jobs as Role Models, Students, Friends, Citizens/Neighbors, and Family Members.  We want the kids to learn that jobs they have are important and special, and that they can show Jesus to the world in everything that they do.

I am looking forward to the coming weeks, and I thank you for giving us the opportunity to minister to your kids and family.

Pastor Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Horizons Kids blog is a meeting place for the friends and families of Horizons Church. Subscribe to our RSS feed to keep up to date on news and discussions about Horizons Kids Ministries.
 
Copyright 2009 Horizons Kids All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes